The CV module provides experiential education for pre-health professions students by applying the student’s basic science knowledge to the pathophysiology of scenario-based examples of shock and its treatment. A few basic science correlates to clinical medicine include:
1. Basic anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system
2. Cellular energy needs and how they harness necessary chemical energy
3. Cellular physiology and specifically cellular respiration in aerobic and anaerobic states
4. The effect low blood perfusion has on cellular function
5. Factors that influence fluid movement across a capillary membrane
There are no reviews yet.