The SDH module provides experiential education for pre-health professions students by applying the student’s basic social science knowledge to the health of people in a population. Social science correlates of this scenario-based module include:
1. Theories of social stratification
2. Sources and examples of social inequality
3. Prejudice, stereotypes, and unconscious bias discrimination in health care
4. Social factors and impact on healthcare and health outcomes
5. Effects of geographic segregation and lack of mobility on health and wellness
6. Theories of social justice as it relates to healthcare
There are no reviews yet.