The Renal – Acid/Base module provides experiential education for pre-health professions students by applying their basic science knowledge to the pathophysiology of scenarios of acid/base disorders and the body’s compensatory mechanisms. A few basic science correlates to clinical medicine include:
1. Basic anatomy and physiology of the kidney
2. The effect of hydrostatic and oncotic pressures on glomerular filtration
3. The effect buffers have on pH of solutions
4. Bicarb as a buffer and the carbonic acid equilibrium
5. How the body maintains a stable pH and a homeostatic environment
There are no reviews yet.